With the new “DRIVE BY FASSI” technology, the operator can “drive” Volvo Trucks via their Fassi V7 radio control unit without actually being in the cabin..
Together with the Exster interface developed by Volvo Trucks, the “Drive by Fassi” technology is part of an integrated, reliable and safe system developed in collaboration with Volvo Trucks Italia, which has already collaborated with Fassi in the creation of the FX-Link, a system that provides two-way communication between crane and truck.
“Drive by Fassi” is the evolution of that communication system, and now not only enables management of a number of vehicle functions from the crane radio control unit and allows the condition of the crane to be checked directly from the truck dashboard, but also allows the operator to move the truck remotely, without having to be at the wheel.
This is reliable technology as it has been designed by Fassi and Volvo Trucks to be integrated with the truck and crane radio control units during production and is therefore already “on-board” and tested on delivery from the dealers.
- configuration is guaranteed and certified by the manufacturers
- it has innate ready-to-use efficiency
- it is safe to use in accordance with Fassi and Volvo Trucks’ production standards
Five essential requirements are necessary for the application of Drive by Fassi technology:
- the FX-Link system
- one of two electronic control systems - FX900 / FX500 - installed on the crane
- the V7 Fassi radio control unit
- a Volvo Trucks vehicle from the FH, FM or FMX series fitted with the Exster (External Steering Remote Control) interface