Tags: 

Pablo Nieto, Team manager Sky Racing Team VR46: “Never let your guard down”

Pablo Nieto, son of the legendary Angel Nieto 12+1 times World Champion, has in turn been a rider in the 125 cc class, with one victory under his belt.

A Team Manager since 2008, in 2013 he was the sports director for the Calvo team, with which Maverick Viñales was crowned Moto3 Champion. Since 2015 he has been the team manager of the Sky Racing Team VR46 for Moto3, and Moto2 since 2017. From 2022 he will be team manager of the Sky Racing Team VR46 MotoGP.

D. Describe a typical weekend on the racetrack. What are the common situations you have to handle?

Nieto. I am responsible for managing the team from a sports point of view, with regards to racetrack strategy, management and coordination of the entire team working in the group. I try to communicate and work as well as possible with all the sectors; from the riders to the technical department, and from logistics to communications and sponsors. My main role is to place the riders in the position of being able to do their best and show their full potential.

D. Between one GP and the next, what are the duties of a team manager?

Nieto. Preparing the next transfer as well as possible, making sure that nothing is left to chance. In this particular moment of the year we are also focused on the next season, with the debut of the new MotoGP team, and many of our resources and our time, particularly when the Grand Prixes are not taking place, are focused on this end.

D. What is it like to work with the young talents from the Sky Racing Team VR46?

Nieto. It is really stimulating to work in close contact with Valentino and with some of the young riders from the VR46 Riders Academy, in particular those competing for the Sky Racing Team VR46. I have known some of them since they were kids, and now they are part of the MotoGP. To see them grow and mature, knowing that I have played a part in their personal and sporting progress is a source of pride not only for myself, but for all the other people working in the team.

D. What would your advice be to those who don’t ride a motorbike everyday, but who drive a truck and a crane and need to be focused and efficient in their work?

Nieto. Never let your guard down, and always have an eye on safety above all else.

Fassi Gru S.p.A. - Loader cranes manufacturer since 1965

Fassi Gru is the market leader among Italian producers. Its product range and sales numbers place it among the top producers of hydraulic cranes in the world.

Fassi’s production potential is approximately 12,000 cranes per year. The entire range is exported and distributed throughout the world through an efficient and widespread distribution network. From Canada to France, from the UK to Australia, Fassi’s professionalism is reflected in the company’s aim to meet different market needs, which are often linked to the specific geographical and economic conditions of individual countries.